zaterdag 25 oktober 2008

I feel old!

Why not get sick? Because you become weak, grumpy and so not interested in the rest of the group! I lost about 2 k in 2 days and with abit of running after the trip I will be back in bikini shape (unfortunatly in the middle of winter :-( ). After a good night sleep we went to the old roman cityof Jerash. A site with a lot of details still well kept. As I am more a people person then a nature and history one by now I would like to sit in a bedouin tent or sleep over at the house of a serian family. The sites are beautifull but I miss the contact. Being in a group makes it harder to meet people or have deeper contact when you are walking around town. A good lesson for the next time.

Second important message of the day "I feel old" !! When I travel, I get tired. When I travel I want to live the culture and breath it. I want to be there. Although I think this is the most incredible nice group I ever had (no Gwen,you are still the best travelmate I ever met, when you start loving markets you would score so high ;-) !) they do not make me feel like I am traveling. I can not yet explain, but it just not does. I like every single person in the group so that can not be it. Maybe later I will be able to explain. For one I can not keep up with their bedtime pace. I feel old!

Tomorrow we will travel along the route of the holy land. The scenery is said to be magnificent.
I will enjoy my night alone in the lobby where I just met a very nice Canadian woman who is travelling through Turkey, Egypt and Jordan. Always nice to exchange stories.

Cheers

1 opmerking:

Marjan zei

Je bent niet oud hoor!! Lijkt soms maar zo :-)